The Combined Halls of Clare, CHOC for short, is a charity that maintains the Community Centre and the Town Hall on behalf of the Town Council which owns the buildings. The Clerk’s office for the Town Council is located in the Community Centre where a letter box for mail may be found.
Both buildings and their range of facilities are available for hire – see their website for details T: 07500 642 001 E: info(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)choc.org.uk
The Old School Community Centre is the older of the two buildings, listed by Historic England, constructed in 1862 as a National Board school at a cost of £600! The Town Hall opened in 1912 on the site of the Corn Exchange in Market Hill.